Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Banjo Camp

So Dad and I went to MidWest Banjo Camp this past weekend. It was in Lansing, Michigan at the university.

Here's a picture of Dad and me with Paul, from Penetang ... we all rode down together.

We had a terrific time. Learned tons of stuff, heard lots of great pickin'. Paul took bluegrass clasees, Dad took a combination of bluegrass and clawhammer classes. I took strictly clawhammer even though in the past I've stuck with bluegrass. Chris Coole & Arnie Naiman were the instructors of the clawhammer novice track. They were awesome instructors - organized and great team teachers.

Now I've learned the clawhammer way of picking', I'm really enjoying it. It's a completely different sound. So -- I'm off now to do some pickin'.

Q: What's the difference between a banjo and a harmonica?
A: A harmonica only sucks half the time!

3 comments:

SusanE said...

You guys look so cute. I can't wait to hear you.

The Lexiphage said...

Sounds Bajo-riffic!

Cherylinn said...

Glad you guys had a good time.