Monday, November 29, 2010

Enough is Enough

You may or may not be aware, my first name is Wendy. All of my life, I have only known a few Wendys. For the most part, I've only needed a first name; kind of like Cher. Yeah, that's it, kind of like Cher.

In the past couple of years, in our village, in the middle of nowhere there has been a sudden influx of Wendys. I believe it is now up to six. People are starting to call me Wendy L---- (which doesn't feel like me), Wendy L or Wendy E. Unacceptable!

On the way home from a social engagement the other night, I decided that I need a new name, so that I can be an individual again.

Henceforth, I will be known as

Zeke

Thanks for your co-operation.

8 comments:

Gryper said...

If I were zeking a new name zen I would consider zat Zeke wuz ok.

I once met a guy named Zeke, he did not know that his name was Zeke though, until he was going into the Dominion Hotel in Minden. He went into the Hotel and told some patrons that some little kid in a car outside had just said Hello Zeke.

Cherylinn said...

And Gryper thinks I have issues.....

SusanE said...

I know a Zeke already.

But I really have to say "Oh waa, cry. I've been Susan E my whole life, suck it up."

SusanE said...

I know a Zeke already.

But I really have to say "Oh waa, cry. I've been Susan E my whole life, suck it up."

Fiddling Granny said...

Ah, but you could have done something about it .. I have!

xoxo, Zeke :D

Jojo said...

At least you weren't called Ken's Wendy. Where I grew up there was an overabundance of Margarets. My mom was Bill's Margaret, I had an aunt Mike's Margaret and an neighbor Tom's Margaret . . . .

Fiddling Granny said...

Oh, yeah, that would have gone over like a fart in church!! LOL

You're right Jojo !

Laura said...

Names seem to cycle. When my sister Lynda was growing up she was the only one with a "y". Now all the Lyndas I know spell their name that way and none with an "i". When we named Caitlin, no one had heard of the name. When we moved 2 1/2 years later we met 2 others within weeks. We moved again and didn't meet another Caitlin for 11 years, then there were 3 again. After a lifetime of knowing no Valeries I know 4 now. I bet you will be changing your name to something more exotic soon when Zeke makes a comeback.