Friday, July 08, 2011

Walking The Dog

When I walk the dog in the morning (and feed the deerflies), to keep it interesting, I've taken a few pix.

This one is a sunrise on Kashagawigamog Lake.




This is a pond where bullfrogs were grunting. It sounded prettier than the picture.


Rocks and roadside gardens.



I liked this large patch of milkweed.



This is my favourite, a closeup of milkweed flowers. No wonder the monarch butterflies love them!

This is a wild raspberry type flower but the name escapes me. I'll have to look it up in my book - which is out in the trailer, so not now.




4 comments:

Cherylinn said...

Wicked Pics....I will upload mine later. It was so funny running and talking with you at the same time. But it made it more difficult to take in all the beauty that surrounded me. I spend too much time laughing.....

Jojo said...

Nice milkweed patch! Is it on your property? Have you checked for Monarch eggs? I have 16 caterpillars in various stages.
Enjoy your walks.

SusanE said...

It looks like a wild rose.

Nice walk

Laura said...

I love the smell of milkweed flowers! I think the last one is called flowering raspberry.