Friday, July 28, 2006

When did that happen???

Okay, so I was on the subway ... the crowded rush-hour subway. A seat became vacant in front of me, so I quickly looked around the car to see if there are any "old people" nearby so that I could point the seat out. Mum always toaught us that the older people should get the seats and you should always offer your seat if there is an older person standing on the subway or bus.

I scan the car to the left of me ... nope ..... scan the car to the right and my eyes met a young pretty woman, perhaps 25 years old - tops. She point to the seat and indicates that I should take the seat.

To my horror, I realized, I was the "old person" on the subway.

When the heck did that happen???

3 comments:

Mr Gryper said...

SURPRISE!!!!! It's like a thief in the night it sneaks up on you and you don't see it coming. Fortunately if you ignore it, it goes away and hides then comes back periodically to try again.

SusanE said...

A what nice young girl, obviously her mother would be proud. Did Cam help you over to the seat?

But really, maybe she didn't think she was giving an old person the seat, maybe she just felt like standing.

Cherylinn said...

Really, she was giving an old person the seat.....