Monday, September 11, 2006

More on the Wendivarius


So I've been working on my fiddle .... if you check the last posting that I did on it, you could see the corners weren't trimmed. I've spent a a lot of time with the plane, sandpaper and various other things getting the sides finished.

If you look at the corners they're nicely trimmed ... they just need a final go with the drum-sander to ensure they're perfectly square.

What you can't really see from this picture is that it's perfectly smooth and level on the top and bottom of the sides. The upper end is exactly 30 mm and the lower end is exactly 32 mm. Just as planned.

I'm still reeling with shock and awe. So next I fit the linings in, which are willow strips that support the sides and give the top and bottom a little more meat to hang onto.

After that is done the mould comes out of the middle and it will sit and wait patiently while I carve the belly, back and neck. I'm looking forward to doing the scroll!

I'll keep you posted as I go.

1 comment:

Cherylinn said...

Way to go, that's awesome.