Monday, April 09, 2007

Gryper - Revealed

Most of you would never have believed it of Mr Gryper. I daresay, I was filled with wonder. For many years the cranky old codger has shown distaste for the civilized, yes, the elegant things in life.

Gryper was famous for encouraging his children with little comments like "Get your nose out of that gawd-damned book!!"

Well my friends, the jig is up!

This weekend it's become crystal clear that surly old fool has hidden, lo these many years, his cultured side - yes, the Gracious Gryper.

Behold, an elegant, courtly Gryper, living a life filled with grace and finesse. This weekend, in a bewildering show of his genteel side, he revealed the Dignified Gryper. No longer can he hide his cultivation and finesse. He can only be described as having decorum and taste.


We were all filled with awe, as Gryper held us spellbound with his heavenly, enchanting musical interpretations. With eyes close, as if in a trace, he beguiled us with sweet high notes, not unlike the song of the Bluebird at sunrise.




During the quiet times, Gryper could be found curled up with a book for hours on end.





















Ah, yes, this weekend has been a defining moment in world history. I feel privileged to have been able to share this.

7 comments:

Cherylinn said...

Nothing worse than gryper tooting his own horn.
I hope you told him to get his "gawd damn nose out the that book" and go outside and do something.

SusanE said...

What was the book?

And after all the years of travelling around the continent and bugging us, what right does HE have to read a book?

Fiddling Granny said...

It was Jay Ingram's book, "The Velocity of Honey"

Jojo said...

Lucky thing you included pictures as proof or I would have thought you'd had a stroke!
"No doubt the Universe is unfolding as it should. . ."

SusanE said...

Ah yes, the "Quirks and Quarks" guy.... does Dad know he's on CBC radio every Saturday morning?

Mr Gryper said...

As Widget said in her opening " most of you would never have believed it"--I was shocked to see such a fabrication.
Would you believe that there was a picture of a Bee I was looking at in the book, and she told me that the whistle I appeared to be playing, had honey flavour on it and that I was actually tasting it to see if it was true.
Would you believe that she actually set me up for the pictures???

The Lexiphage said...

I thought the one with the book was kind of cute- Gryper was holding it the right way up and everything!