Tuesday, June 19, 2007

You Say Tomato .... and other stuff

Oh how the times change .....

I decided to go into a store in the mall and pick up some of the two for five bucks pairs of sandals. You know the ones, we all wore them for the entire summer when we were kids.



















I was in a bit of a hurry and I guess the employee who was organizing shelves could tell by my stride that I was looking for something particular. When she asked if she could help, i said to her, "That would be great ... where would I find rubber thongs?"

She looked at me with this dumbfounded, speechless look ... I realized that I say tomato and she says tomawto. Clarifying, I said, "Shoes, rubber sandals."

Looking relieved for a moment, then laughing uncontrollably, she said "Oh, right, flip-flops".

Silly me!!

We went out for supper later that day, with Mr & Mrs Gryper and the Lexiphage and his kids.















The kids were so good, they're getting so grown up. I can't believe how big they are. Where are all my baby grandchildren .... The ages of the four of them are almost 15, 11, 5 and 3 years old.



















This is a picture of Muggins on the trip home. I love how she sits back in the seat. I don't think she's impressed with my taking her picture all the time.


1 comment:

Cherylinn said...

Why does Muggins now have her seat belt on?????