Monday, April 07, 2008

Spring

Note: Thanks for the picture advice Susan. Ken taught Gryper and me me how to do it.

How do you know it's springtime in Haliburton?

First of all, this was taken 4 weeks ago.












You finally start seeing some daylight coming in the windows of the house.















The snow melts off the backhouse roof .... finally. There was about 2 1/2 feet of snow on this tiny roof.












The road starts washing out with all the water from the melting snow. At least the road is a bit drier. When we went for our walks, Muggins' tummy was soaked and covered in sand.











The really ugly boat that has been completely buried in snow from the snow plough starts to emerge. I couldn't even see this boat when I was walking past it three weeks ago!












There are a few ruts in the driveway.












Gryper starts thinking of ways of fixing or improving the evaporator while he's making maple syrup.














.
.

2 comments:

Cherylinn said...

Oh yes that ugly boat, bet your glad you can see it again.

Laurence Hunt said...

I sold all my maple syrup equipment when I moved out of Kingston. Wish I'd kept it for you!