Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Much Anticipated Dinner Party

After much planning, the big day finally arrived. The dinner party at CG's home was this past Saturday night. The dinner was delicious, the presentation was beautiful and the company was unbeatable!
When we arrived CG put out a wonderful Curried Crab Mousse that we all thoroughly enjoyed. We laughed and chatted while CG and the Mister put the finishing touches on supper.





The table was all set before we arrived. CG used the good china that she said she'd never use. It's over 100 years old from a friend of the Mister's mother. The glasses had pretty frosted leaves around the base of them. There was an elegant jug of water with lemon slices in it. The crystals of the chandelier sparkled in the light.

Here's the group just as we were starting our salad. FG's Mister proposed a lovely toast before we started to eat.


What dinner party with this room would be complete without a certain someone (NGU) having laughing uncontrollably about something. I don't remember what, I only remember that I promised not to put the video clip on here or facebook.


After supper we had tea and coffee in beautiful bone china tea cups that CG had gotten just for the occasion, which I stupidly forgot to photograph. All in all if was a terrific night and CG and the Mister did a wonderful job. Many thanks for having us there as part of it.

************************

3 comments:

Cherylinn said...

It was a blast....I loved every minute of it and the guests were awesome...I'm still wondering why they brought gifts, it made no sense to me.

I think I know why NGU was laughing hysterically. I passed a comment that we have used on each other many times over the years. That being said I will repeat my comment to her: "chow down chubby".....I don't even know where it came from but we've had a great time using it on each other.

SusanE said...

Did you promise not to send me the video.

I never said I wouldn't post it on facebook.

Never Give Up said...

That was the comment! With the delicate china, first class food, etc... we got... "Chow down, Chubby"!

LOL