Saturday, November 15, 2008

Rant

This morning, while engrossed in housewife drudgery, I had lots of time to ponder "stuff".

Unlike Mrs Gryper, I enjoy grocery shopping. I really love cooking. I'm not a big fan of housework. I don't have any negative vibes about dusting the living room, sweeping the floor or cleaning the kitchen, but I hate vacuuming! If you'll pardon the pun, vacuuming sucks.

It takes about an hour and a half to do through the house. It's not like I do it like Gryper and lift the legs of the bed and vacuum the bottom of them or anything weird like that. I don't dally, I just get it done. One of the really annoying things is that by the time it's done, and the vacuum is put away, there'll be a piece of fluff or something that'll sit out in the middle of the floor mocking me. Arrgh! Where the hell do they come from?

People kindly observe my fanatical "take your shoes off" obsession when they come in. Even the dog will stand on the door mat for an extra moment when her feet are wet.

Is there some weird little poltergeist who sneaks in and puts the bits of stuff in the cutlery tray (as I've already ranted about in another post) or dust bunny poop right in the middle of the floor immediately after you've already vacuumed there.

Too bad I'm not like CG whose idea of fun is to vacuum the house and have those vacuum "tracks" in the carpet.

Ah, well it's done for now ... till the house starts looking frowsy and I don't mind spending the hour and a half that I'll never get back again!

Meanwhile ... what is your favourite "chore" and your least favourite? Mine are: favourite baking and least favourite vacuuming.
*

4 comments:

Lauras Garden said...

I don't mind grocery shopping but I don't like shopping for anything else. I enjoy baking and cooking and even laundry. Everything other chore I hate. I guess my least favourite would be a toss up between bathrooms and windows (that always look streaky when I am done).

SusanE said...

Making the bed.

I agree with Laura, windows are probably up there amongst the worse and I can get at all mine relatively easy.

Cherylinn said...

I LOVE to vacuum....FG I don't have any carpet in the house anymore that I can leave those glorious vacuum tracks on. I do miss that. I used to vacuum twice a day, just because. Now I only do it once a day and I've even missed a day sometimes. I don't mind grocery shopping, dusting, even scrubbing the bathrooms, my bed has to be made just so. But I DON'T do windows inside or out. That's John's department.

Gryper said...

What the Hell are you talking about? Vacuuming is fun and it is good exercise.