Friday, March 27, 2009

The Mystery Item - Solved

Thanks to my friend Judy, the mystery is solved. It's called a "Flower Frog". Lots of people collect them apparently. It is used to put into the bottom of a vase or bowl and the flowers are set down in it arranged nicely. When you need to change the water, you simply lift the "flower frog" out of the water and the arrangement stays intact.

Here are some examples of the 100+ that were on eBay. This first one is no relation to the "Froggie" who is seen inspecting the "Mystery Item" in my previous post.



















5 comments:

Cherylinn said...

Who ever would have thought....Way Cool!

Please send Froggie to me...He could experience farm life. Then he could decide where he want's to live...

Gryper said...

Not that I would ever brag but, I said at the day of the choosing event that I thought it looked like it could be used to stick flowers in, but couldn't see why somebody would do it.

Fiddling Granny said...

You're right Gryper ... I think somethig to do with flowers or bulbs was sort of where we started before the brain storming.

I think everyone kind of thought that was the most plausible, but we couldn't figure out how it would be used.

Jojo said...

We will all sleep better tonight!

SusanE said...

I know that I will sleep better. But my sleep would be better still if Mrs. Gryper would identify herself as such. I'm getting confused.