Monday, March 09, 2009

My Busy Blog-buddies

It has come to my attention that my blog-buddies all have much more exciting lives than I do. I've had blogger's block since my last blog. After I've read about everyone else's exciting lives, I think what can I blog about? What have I been up to?
~
Well, I've been having physio-therapy for my really stubborn rotator cuff problem in my right shoulder. It seems to be helping ... slowly. I've also been having physio-therapy for tennis elbow, also my right arm. That is coming along nicely. It was getting discouraging to play the fiddle, and play the flute, both of which I do all the time, and have to deal with the discomfort. The harp and the banjo are out of the question for another couple of weeks.
~
I've been working on two solo pieces for the music festival, "Minuet in G Major" by Beethoven, and "Highland Jig", a traditional fiddle tune from PEI. Both coming along nicely. I'm also working on the last piece ("Minuet" by Boccherini which I love playing) in the second Suzuki book ... so I'm at the Grade 3-4 level.
~
I'm working on two pieces for the string ensemble for the festival, "Air" by Handel and "When I'm 64" by Lennon and McCartney. Not being busy enough, I'm also working on two pieces on the flute for festival with the concert band, "Send In The Clowns" by Sondheim and "Northpointe Fantasy" by Swearingen.
~
I thought if I included the composers names it sounds more impressive.
~
Meanwhile, I'm on the final lap with the inside contouring of the from of my violin. Then, I'll be able to glue it together temporarily while I finish the scroll. It's really starting to look as if I'll be able to actually finish and and play it this summer, after three years of work.
~
There you have it. My blog buddies all seem to be doing a lot of blogging about more exciting stuff than me, but I'm not just twiddling my thumbs.
~

11 comments:

SusanE said...

I didn't know you were having rotator cuff problems and tennis elbow. Poor you. That makes life somewhat uncomfortable and difficult to do what you like.

You must be going mad....

What's really funny is this morning I was thinking that we hadn't heard from you in awhile.

Can't wait to see the violin glued together.

Cherylinn said...

I check more times in a day to see if anybody has blogged and it's becoming a dying art, sort of like knitting. You don't live a boring life...FAR from it....

Can hardly wait to see the violin...

Lauras Garden said...

I don't think you have a boring life. It is very full with your music, ballet and your dinners. I had tennis elbow 2 years ago. Physio, massage and exercises (from my physio) worked wonders - it should be better in no time.

Gryper said...

Well I know that you keep busy wirh all the stuff you do.

The problem is, how do you deacribe in a Blog? Because it is repetitiive so each day you would write the same thing.

Winter makes it worst if you don't like it.

Maybe I should dream up something to Blog about.

Gryper said...

I just typed the above thing then signed on to send it (as discribed by Susan in her blog) and it 1st appeared to not work so I clicked again and I got a message "comment should not be empty" SO I wrote this to try to appease the Google God.

Fiddling Granny said...

Appears you have pleased the Google God Gryper (nice alliteration). Every time I comment it rejects it the first time, then accepts it the second time.

Lauras Garden said...

You could give us an update on your vermicomposter? That would be interesting to most of us.

Fiddling Granny said...

Oh ... yeah .... there was another horrific vermicide not too long after the first one. I've given up on that. It's now a recycle bin with a cover. Sorry to disappoint.

Lauras Garden said...

Mine are alive. I got a handful from one of Connor's teachers in the fall. They are all named Bill after him. I started with 5 or so - I might have 2 or 3 times that now.

Fiddling Granny said...

I don't know what I was doing wrong, but buying the vermi-kids got too expensive with my vermi-mothering abilities. LOL

Lauras Garden said...

They are very expensive. It is way better if you can just get some from someone you know.