Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I Can See The Barn Door

For the past few weeks, I have been meeting weekly with Bethany, who is making a viola and Jen who has started making a violin. It's nice to have time set aside to socialize and work on our instruments. Here is what I've got done on the neck. Next step is to prepare the finger board and glue it on.




This is what I've done on the F-holes on the front. They're coming along nicely. 



Now I shall introduce you to my next project. Last week, I cut out the back of my viola, I figured if I'm able to varnish my violin at my course this summer, I can work on the viola in between coats. Isn't the wood stunning?!

~~
~~

5 comments:

SusanE said...

You must have nerves of steel.

It looks great

Cherylinn said...

The F holes are done....AWESOME job. You must be getting so anxious.

Lauras Garden said...

Why is the wood so shiny?

Fiddling Granny said...

Thanks for the kudos. Laura, that's just how that piece of wood is ... isn't it stunning!?

Prince Charming said...

You are the best!! That i amazing what you are doing. I'm sure all the energy and thought you are putting into it will make it sound that much better. I can't wait to see your prgoress slowly and hear it in the end :)