Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Blisters and Bruises

This is the front of "Lucy", my cello, waiting for her back. The front is ready to do the purfling (that black line of inlay around the perimeter on the viola and the violin). As you can see her sister Lily still awaits the varnish. I did a little shaping on the back of the neck today. I'll get to it pretty soon.

This is the back of the double bass that Bethany and I are working on. The top is asymmetrical so the player can reach around more easily. The grain in the wood is outstanding ... it doesn't really show in the picture that well yet.

5 comments:

Cherylinn said...

That thing is huge....where is picture #1 hiding behind a tree? I doesn't come up.

Fiddling Granny said...

Try it again ... it should come up. It appears to be working ok.

Cherylinn said...

It's up now....that look so nice.

SusanE said...

I love the outdoor, autumn portrait. It looks like you're taking the photo of a family member, which in a way you are... your latest baby.

Beautiful!

SusanE said...

I love the outdoor, autumn portrait. It looks like you're taking the photo of a family member, which in a way you are... your latest baby.

Beautiful!