Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Never Stop Learning

Okay, so they say one of the best things for you as you age, is to learn new stuff. Being conscientious about that sort of thing, I'm doing Sudoku, sawing away on my fiddle, picking my banjo and tooting my flute to ward off Alzheimers. So far, so good, however, it never hurts to make a detour into unknown territory.

A while back, as I was leaving the local Stedman's store, there was a flyer on the community bulletin board that caught my eye. A bellydancing class - being offered right here in boonieville. "Hey" I said to myself, with visions of yours truly in Barbara Eden's costume from I Dream of Jeannie, "how hard can it be?!"

Not to hoard all the fun, I checked with some of the local yahoos/party animals in our social circle -- seems they have the same visions as I (although they may argue that part). So now there are seven of us .... a bevy of beauties with soon to be amazing abs, learning something new on the 25th. I'll keep you posted on the outcome regarding the abs ... and the costume.

3 comments:

Fiddling Granny said...

Hmmmm ... refresh my memory?!

Cherylinn said...

I've often thought of taking that. But can't bring myself to doing it alone. I sort of need somebody to do it with. Somebody else I can laugh with.

Fiddling Granny said...

Devon is coming up for the next one Apr 22nd ......she'll likely have the car full, but there's nothing wrong wtih a second car load.