Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Bellavia


Okay, so isn't this the prettiest boat you've ever seen? Her name is Bellavia. She is a McVay Minuet, made in Cambridge, Ontario. We launched her on Sunday night and Ken got her all rigged up today. We were out sailing for about an hour or so this aft. I got to do the jib stuff. I guess I'm a real sailor now!

There was a pretty good wind and so we got to do some good turns (not the kind you do in Brownies!). Anyway just thought I'd show you a picture. When we have one of her with her sails up I'll post it, but it may take a while, I intend to be in it whenever the sails are up.

4 comments:

SusanE said...

lie down on the deck and shoot a picture up the mast. She's nice looking. You must be having nice weather if you're going out on the lake. We're having dismal gloomy spring weather. Need more sun.

Jojo said...

She's a beauty. Make sure you keep an eye on Gryper, he could cause no no end of grief on a sail boat . . .
Enjoy your summer!

Cherylinn said...

She is very nice. I agree with Jojo watch gryper, he'll probably fall off her.

Fiddling Granny said...

We hang on when the wind is strong and sit and enjoy the quiet when it's not. We plan to go out stargazing on calm nights and just float around and sip on ... um .... pop...yeah pop.