Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Catching up a wee bit

OK, just to catch up.

Spamalot was awesome Jojo. I don't know that there was any time during the show when people weren't laughing. Lexiphage & I both laughed our behinds off.

I've been taking my Musical Instrument Construction course this week. I've learned sooooo much already. Yesterday, picked out the wood for our violins; I chose a Sitka Spruce (from Europe) for the front and Canadian bird's eye maple for the back and neck. Then we made templates from the plans, we're making a stradivarius copy. It took hours to make all the pieces we needed.

Today, we started working on our moulds. I didn't take pictures of my progress, but I'll take a couple tomorrow before I start, and after I'm done tomorrow and over the next few days, them I'll post them. There are some beautiful instruments being made by some really talented people. Everyone is willing to offer information, advice and the use of their tools.

1 comment:

.:topher:. said...

can't wait to see pics of the Wendivarius!!