Friday, September 14, 2007

What's Granny been up to?

I've been accused of not blogging enough, so I thought I'd do a quick post before work this morning.

As you know, Gryper & the Missus just got back from the Northwest Territories and the Yukon. The gave me a bag of ground musk ox to try. So last night we had company for dinner, and in my spirit of treating company like guinea pigs, I tested another new recipe on them. I made a tourtiere (Quebecois meat pie) and used the musk ox. Grandpa said "I knew it would be good, but I didn't know it would be that good". It was a success, thanks Grypers!

While our company was here, I had to show of my violin-in-progress ... I was astounded when I put the three parts together .. for some unknown reason, I hadn't done it before. It blew my mind. This thing is actually starting to look like a violin!!















I've had a knitting pattern in my head for a while and decided to make some "knucks". You know, fingerless gloves. I wanted to do them on one long circular needle. So I made the fingers and thimbs, and put them on double pointed needles, then started assembling them. Here's my progress on that project.


















Next month, I'm once again going on the canopy tour "Walk in The Clouds" at the Haliburton Forest, but this time my partner will be Grandson the second. You'll recall we took Grandson the first for his 13th birthday a couple of years ago. I'm so excited about doing it with him. Speaking of the grandkids, since Lexiphage is going to a wedding the end of the month, I'll own Grandson the third and Granddaughter the first for a whole weekend. That'll be really cool, we're going on a trip to the zoo one of the days. Yahoo!

Here is a picture of a sunrise that I took out in front of the house a few days ago. Early autumn in Haliburton ... I'm really pleased with how this pic turned out. There's nothing like watching the sunrise from the dock - maybe I'll go and stand down there now, although I've missed the sunrise this morning, the water is sparkling..


2 comments:

SusanE said...

Your leaves look like they are a little further along than ours. Of course it could be the morning sun shining on them.

The violin looks really cool. I'm impressed with you for doing it. What an interesting Granny.

Cherylinn said...

It's about time you blogged. The violin looks awesome, great job. Then I looked at your knitting and glanced up on the shelf of my computer table and yes, my socks still sit there. In fact I haven't even moved them since I screwed them up. But don't you every worry on October 13 you can look at them over a glass of wine or three and figure out what I've done. The lake looks so calm and relaxing, very pretty. We're meeting with the real estate agent in Minden next Sunday to go check out some cottages there.