Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What's Been Going On

It's a while since I've blogged. It seems that we're busy as all get out. This week is a little slower. Tomorrow I take my defibrillator training. Our local "hall" is having one installed for the commmunity and I'm in the first group of trainees.


I've been doing a bit of work on my fiddle, it's getting to the point where I really need someone who knows what they're doing to look at it. I'm so afraid of screwing it up. So I start measuring and checking the thickness of certain areas and get myself all worked up and thinking that I've ruined a perfectly good piece of maple.

Last weekend we went on the canopy tour - "Walk In The Clouds".
The night before 13 of us hung out around the campfire at our place for the evening, then everyone crashed all over the floor for the night.
















The next morning we all got up early and headed off for the tour. My partner was Grandson II ... we had so much fun. It seemed to intimidate him a little when he found out we were 70 feet from the ground. Fortunately he found that out 3/4 of the way through, but it really had him concerned for the last 1/4 of it. It was a perfect fall day. Sunny, no wind, 70F degrees, coloured leaves. It couldn't have been a better day for it.

















3 comments:

SusanE said...

Someday I'd like to do that canopy walk. Looks great.

Cherylinn said...

I was going to post the exact same thing Susan. Word for Word.

Jojo said...

Me too!