Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Response to Laurence

On September 13th, by brother-in-law Laurence posted on his blog and simply posed the question "What do you love?" http://laurencehunt.blogspot.com/2007/09/what-do-you-love.html

So since then I've been putting some thought into it.

I made mental lists, of things like my fiddle, ice cream, my Canon camera, my Haflinger cork soled clogs, my own lovely home-made soap, and pondered how to make all that interesting enough for my blog.

Today, while I was walking the dog, admiring the brilliant fall colours and thinking about people who are in cities. On a day like today they're working inside buildings with windows off in the distance, past all the padded divider half-walls. Then it came to me.

I love my life!

First there's the people in my life. I have a wonderful husband and awesome parents. I have two grown children who have grown into kind, thoughtful, caring adults. They are raising their own children and are doing an awesome job of it. I have the best sisters. I have a great circle of friends, who are all fun and supportive.

I live in a beautiful house that we designed, on a lake, in a forest that looks Monet painted it at this time of the year. It's quiet, except for the lake lapping against the shore, blue jays calling each other and the squirrels chattering at me and the dog.

I work at my own business out of our house. After having held down a variety of different jobs, with commuting in the winter always required, my morning commute is now from the kitchen to the basement. Whenever I want stop whatever I'm doing and go and sit on the dock and listen to the wind and the water.

I just don't think it gets any better than this.

Thanks for the idea Laurence.

4 comments:

Cherylinn said...

I agree you do have the best sisters.....lol.

And I LOVE my life here on the farm. And soon to be at Our cottage, listening to the waves hit the rocks. At least I assume that's what's going to happen. Guess we will see on Saturday when we are invading the cottage with Ken, Wendy, Mom, Dad, Gail & Tom (realtors) and the inspector.

SusanE said...

I agree with Cheryl... you do have the best sisters.

I love my life too and for almost all the same reasons you do.

We're so lucky to live in paradise.... of course, maybe it's paradise because we've made our home where we want to be.

Course... maybe it's paradise because we're here...LOL

Cherylinn said...

Our family is the best ever. and to each of us ur homes are our castles and we all live life to it's fullest.
We all do think so much alike. It's too bad that all families can't be like ours. Just think waht a wonderful world it would be for everybody.

Laurence Hunt said...

Wendy,

I meant to add a follow-up to that post, and it is still (mentally) in the works.

I have a secret... I love stories. I have noticed that we create stories about the world around us, and even about the small events in our lives.

You, of course, have created a story about your life, and how it is filled with good things. Obviously, you have remembered to put the gratifying and satisfying things in your story.

That seems to be the secret!