Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Belly Buttons


"What the heck would prompt a post like this?", you ask. Let me tell you ..... no, let me whine to you.
*
We have some kind of bug that loves me (they all do!). I s'pose I should say, loves the taste of me. This little sh*t seems to like our closet. If I wear something that I haven't worn in a while, I'll get bites. They're like mosquito bites only they last longer and itch more, and they're usually a cluster of 3 or 4. (Bug Dinner Party? One really hungry one?) My solution to this is to spray the closet with Raid every 3 or 4 days and that seems to fix the problem. I forgot to spray the closet for the past week or so and now I've got bites. Right in and around my belly button! Freakin' torture!
*
Some people seem to be okay with their belly buttons being messed with. Some claim they put salt in their belly buttons so they can dip their celery while they're laying down. Wack jobs. I don't like mine touched, it feels awful. It's a deep almost pain-type feeling that is difficult to describe. These bites actually make me feel a little nauseated. I can feel them deep into my gut.
*
Don't get me wrong, I think belly buttons (Mum used to say tummy button) are cute, especially an innie, outies a little less so. When my two babies were born, I saved the little dried up pieces of umbilical cord that came from their belly buttons, much to their father's disgust. He thought it was repulsive, I thought it represented the link between me, and my babies and my mother, my grandmother and grandmother's grandmothers. The little stubs disappears many, many years ago and I've always been suspicious that he threw them out, but who knows. They're gone.
*
Did you know some people have plastic surgery on their belly buttons?? Horrors! It's called Umbilicoplasty. Ugh!
*
How many out their who read my mindless maunderings have this same feeling about their belly buttons being left alone? I'd be pleased to know, please comment.

3 comments:

SusanE said...

I agree... don't touch my belly button.

Having my tubes tied was a huge deal, mostly because of the idea of cutting my belly button.

I like Tummy Button better. Has a cozy ring to it.

Cherylinn said...

What do these bugs look like? Maybe they are really belly button bugs and they like your clean laundry and jump from your belly button when you open the cupboard. When they need time to cuddle they come back and head for their place of comfort, your belly button. But I don't understand why they bite you. Love nibbles maybe.
Have you tried red cedar in your cupboard, the smell to us is so nice, but bugs hate it.
I love my belly button, I'm very attached to it.

Fiddling Granny said...

I don't know I've never seen one. This is the first time for the bite on/in my belly button (nasty).