Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hokey Dinah!

We all know about the perfect cribbage hand. Cribbage boards come in the shape of 29, for the 29 points, and the hand is displayed on the board. No, I didn't get the perfect hand, I'm still waiting.




However, I did get the best word I've ever had in Scrabble on the weekend. We were camping and my friend Carolyn and I were playing Scrabble. We were neck in neck all the way through the game, we both play a good game. Then it happened. It wasn't even a seven letter word. My word was "EQUINE".



Yeah, big whoopee, so I played the "Q", worth 10 points. Aha, but wait, there's still more. The "Q" was on a "triple letter score", then, as if that's not enough, the last "E" was on a "double word score". Total points, 70, for one word, not on a triple word score and not getting the 50 points for using all seven letters.

It was very exciting, even if it's not a perfect cribbage hand.

5 comments:

SusanE said...

That's a good word.

Cherylinn said...

That's great. I don't know how to play scrabble....oops! I admitted it. One day maybe we can play. Do three letter words count for much? the, and, his. I might have a chance with these right?

Jojo said...

Aren't you suppose to add your word to a letter already in play?
Your word is all by itself on the board. . .

Fiddling Granny said...

It was attached to a word. That's not a picture of the actual game, I just set up the word this morning so I could hang a picture out there. ☺

Lauras Garden said...

I don't play cribbage but I love Scrabble. My best word ever was esquire. I played it one row to the right from yours on the double letter and the triple word and I used all my tiles. Needless to say, I won that game!