Friday, October 17, 2008

Autumn Scenes

*
Here is another, more recent picture of the Village of Haliburton. This one was taken the week before Thanksgiving. A couple of days later, it rained. Between that and the strong wind, most of the leaves fell.
*

*

Another view, but not a panorama.

*


*

Thanksgiving weekend, is usually the date for taking the dock out. The lake is at its winter level, in the spring the rocky shoreline is all underwater.

*


*

I was walking the dog yesterday and found these two leaves. I found this basswood leaf on the road and couldn't believe the size of it. Then I came across the oak leaf.

*


5 comments:

Lauras Garden said...

Good to hear what's been happening in your neck of the woods. You have been so quiet I was getting worried!

Cherylinn said...

Come on you call those rocks.....
I'm gonna have to take a picture and show you what rocks are. LOL I love pic #2.

SusanE said...

I was expecting Laura to give us more details on why the leaves were so big.

We don't have trees up here that have leaves that big, so I have no idea it it's unusual.

Fiddling Granny said...

Both of the leaves are way bigger than the norm, but they aren't all that way this year.

The basswood leaves get big and gawky anyway, but this one's HUGE.

Curious.

Lauras Garden said...

I don't know everything!