Sunday, October 19, 2008

Visits from the grandkids

Two weeks ago, Gryper & the Missus brought up Lex and Granddaughter I and Grandson III. It was great visit. The leaves were still in full colour and the sun was shining, so since we couldn't swim (Granddaughter I was furious), we went for a walk. This is a picture of the kids at the supper table. Granddaughter I giggled a lot, and they were both quite content to be at the table until everyone was finished.

This Saturday, Devon and Andrew brought up Grandson I and Grandson II till Sunday. During their visit, we played crokinole, laughed and ate a lot. The morning before they came up, I attempted to make Scottish tablet (which is like fudge only wayyyy better). It was an absolute success. We were all high on sugar. They brought Grandson II's new dirt bike and their Dad's dirt bike. They had a great time riding, but couldn't get too far on the trails because they were blocked, which made Granny very happy! Not knowing that in advance, I insisted that they take a little baggie with matches and some fire starter with them (you never know what might happen), which they thought was uproariously funny, but they were very co-operative. (I just bet I'll get trashed on facebook for it!)




Both weekends were so much fun, it was great having the whole bunch come up.

1 comment:

Cherylinn said...

That is so awesome that they've all been up this fall.