Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Dinner Party

We're hosting a dinner party for some of our friends. I've been planning the meal for ages and I'm really excited. Today I'll be doing most of the preparation. I know I'll get asked to post the menu, so here goes.


Appetizers


Brie with Cranberries & Thyme baked in Buttered Puff Pastry

Pumpernickel Bread with a Roasted Red Pepper Dip


Main Course


Salad of Mixed Greens, Cranberries & Almonds with Maple Balsamic Dressing

Potatoes Mashed with Sour Cream Green Onions and Thyme

Roasted Root Vegetables

Rutabaga, Carrots and Pears mashed with Butter and Ginger

Cornish Hens with a stuffing of Barley Cous Cous and Dried Fruits
roasted with a Port & Spice Glaze


Dessert

Warm Molten Chocolate Cakes

Shortbread Ice Cream

Handmade Chocolate Truffles

**

The names all sound pretty jazzy (which I worked at), I'm salivating just thinking about it. I have only made the salad and the truffles before, all of the other recipes are new to me.

I've wanted to try making the molten chocolate cakes for a long time. They are individual cakes with a special batter that when baked just enough the warm centre of chocolate sort of oozes out. The ice cream I made on Thursday and I've renamed it because when I tasted it, it tasted exactly like shortbread cookies. Absolutely heavenly.

3 comments:

Cherylinn said...

YUMMY!!!!We'd invade your dinner party but no cottage this weekend for us.

SusanE said...

Someday I'm going to have to crash one of your dinner parties.

Lauras Garden said...

Mmmm! Dessert sounds heavenly.