Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Day


Here are a few pictures from Christmas Day ... I've put more on Facebook, because it's easier, so if you've been on Facebook, you'll have seen these, but it's a different crowd here. Most of you know the cast of characters and the pictures, for the most part, need no explanation, but there are a couple that I felt required it.
*
*
*
Gryper prepared for the guests in his own special way .



*

*

I would have liked this picture to be clearer, but I took it with a telephoto and no flash, so this is as good as it gets.


*


*

Gavin was watching Cameron and as soon as Cam looked away, Gavin grabbed his beer and casually sat there with it till it was noticed.

*

*

The following three pictures are photos of framed pictures we received. We were thrilled. I can only imagine the difficulty of taking pictures of four kids when the younger two both have autism. I think they did a great job.



*


*


*

*


*



*

After a long exhasting day, Mya fell asleep under the dining room table.


*

*

We had a wind storm here on Dec 28, during which we had about eight trees blow over, and the tops of quite a few balsam trees were blown off too.

This spruce fell right across the sailboat, and after removing it, Ken found that there was no apparent damage to the boat. We lost our electricity for 27 hours and our phones have been out now for 26 hours and they still are.



*



*



There were other guests there, I just didn't get any pictures that wre good. I'll be watching the others' blogs for some.

5 comments:

Cherylinn said...

I phoned you several times when we were up today, but when no answering machine kicked and nobody answered we figured hydro and phones were dead. I did leave you a text message on your cell checking on you guys.

SusanE said...

I love the photos of the kids, especially Gavin with the beer and Maya sleeping under the table.

Where did Mum and Dad put the tree this year? It took me a while to recognize the basement without it in the usual corner.

Fiddling Granny said...

For quite a few years it's been over by the TV.

Lauras Garden said...

Very nice family photos. I would recognize that barnboard basement anywhere. It hasn't changed in what 39 years?

PRINCE CHARMING said...

love all the pics. expecially the one with me and gryper