Sunday, February 01, 2009

Busy Saturday


Yesterday was a really busy day. It started with my first ballet lesson. I was told to expect to have sore muscles today, but for some strange reason, I don't. I really did enjoy it. Someone "snuck" this picture of my feet.
~


The Mister waited for me to finish my lesson, then we headed out to CG and her Mister's cottage for lunch and snowshoeing. After a good feed of chili and corn bread, we strapped on the snowshoes and headed out for our adventure. It was about 4 minutes out when CG tripped on her knotted up feet and landed in the snow. It took about 5 minutes for her to sort herself out.

~

~


This is the misters, breaking the trail.


~


This is CG just looking good.

~



This is around the time that CG realized there was a wet layer of slush on the lake. She seemed bothered (wide eyes and higher pitch to her voice) when I commented on the fact that you could sort of feel a sinking feeling with each step.

~


We got home, and prepared a salad, and went to visit friends on the lake. As always, guitars came out and we sang old songs.

~




Just an altogether great day.

~


11 comments:

Lauras Garden said...

It does sound like a great day! Are you sore today? Sometimes it takes a while for the pain to be felt. Like when you got up this morning?

Fiddling Granny said...

Nothing ... no sore muscles or anything. Guess I was just cut out to be a prima donna or something! LOL

Cherylinn said...

Sorry FG I have all ghe grace in this family....

Cherylinn said...

I notice you guys were up well past your bedtime....You wild party animals you.

Fiddling Granny said...

Guilty .... I wondered how you knew, then remembered the clock behind Ken! LOL good eye!

SusanE said...

You have beautiful feet and beautiful shoes.

Obviously you have all the grace in the family, look at how CG can't stay on her snowshoes. Imagine what's she'd look like in your ballet slippers.

Damn... I'm missing all the fun with you guys. We're going to have to figure out when we can do a week of winter fun together (and where).

Fiddling Granny said...

"Obviously you have all the grace in the family, look at how CG can't stay on her snowshoes. Imagine what's she'd look like in your ballet slippers."

You're right Susan, I hadn't thought of it quite that way! LOL

Cherylinn said...

Nice try you guys.....just wait until I dawn a pair of those pretty pink slippers along with my Toto....I'll show you all up.
The reason I had such a problem in the snowshoes is because they are a bit large my delicate frame....

Cherylinn said...

That's a good Bucket List Idea Susan....I like it. Remember how we were talking about doing our weekend of camping, snowshoeing etc. While Wendy just has to join in with us.

PRINCE CHARMING said...

You are one busy young lady!! Wish I could have joined in on some of the fun.

Nikki,Mikki and Me said...

Very impressive point there Wendy, no way is that your fist lesson lol. I love the picture of Cheryl falling hahah I can hear her laughing to herself...