Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Stuff

On the weekend there was a winter festival in our area. There were special events all weekend. We went to town for Bethany's concert, "Hot Cello With Whipped Cream", which was wonderful. Just before we went inside for the concert, we saw this ice carving, done by someone local, who does them all over the world. The dog sled races were held in the village this weekend, so this fit in with the theme. It was fun watching them work on it. I went back a couple of times over the weekend to get pictures.




Then Monday morning, a beautiful sunny morning I found this (you may have to enlarge the picture to see it). Where the heck do they come from. Look above Susan's eagle pictures going across the centre from upper right to lower left.
A cobweb sparkles in the sun. Not just any cobweb. This sucker goes from the lower part of the ceiling fan, which is about 20 feet from the floor to the top of the lamp, which is about four feet from the floor. Where do these things come from? How do they build them? I guess they're just one of life's little mysteries.
~ ~

6 comments:

Lauras Garden said...

That is a beautiful ice sculpture. Too bad it melts. I like how you laid out the eagle pictures.

SusanE said...

I laughed.... I was studying the picture to see what was in it and all I noticed was that I had a scratch on my computer screen. Good think I read the explanation. Spiders are amazing.

Cherylinn said...

I thought you had a large scratch on the wall. I'm glad you told us what it was, because I couldn't figure out how a scratch would get way up there.....

Gryper said...

I saw it blowing around from the fan but forgot to mention it to you on Sat. and again on Sun. But then thought it was probably just decoration.

Fiddling Granny said...

Haha ... My decorating tastes do tend towards natural Gryper, but that's a little too natural, even for me!

PRINCE CHARMING said...

I heard somewhere there trying to scientifically manufacture spider webs for there amazing strength. Cool ice sculpture to