Sunday, August 23, 2009

As The Pickles Cool

I made pickled beets this morning with the beets CG's Mister gave me yesterday. As the pickles cooled and Froggie pushed the last jar into place, I reflected on my week.
Yesterday we were at CG and the Mister's cottage. We had lunch, a birthday cake, blew bubbles and watched PC's daughter doing her Dolly Parton show. We had a merry olde time swimming and generally goofing around in the lake. Four of us swam across the lake (CG, PC, Andrew and I) and then having done that we turned around and swam back refusing offers of a ride in the row boat.
We're just that good.

PC showed me his new pan flute and let me try it. I was able to find most of the notes of Oh Susanna on it, but not without a bunch of mistakes and I have no idea what notes I was using. He did a demo and is doing really well. Very impressive.

The Mister has been busy working on his guitar all week. This picture shoes the neck with the truss rod channel carved out and the truss rod sitting in there. He's finished that part now and is carving the peg head as I type.
Earlier in the week we went and visited some family. I got to see all the grand kids. I didn't think to pull out my camera while we were with Lex and the Smurfs. We had supper with Gryper and the Missus, then later we went to Grandson the First's first ever hockey game. He is the one skating towards the camera to the left of the goalie. He did really well, scoring his first goal early in the game.
This is Grandson the Second and I cheering from the stands. I took this picture, although it looks like the work of a professional.
Just before the game ended, we headed home and got there at about 11:30. I stayed wake and chatted with the Mister all the way, surprisingly enough.

Over the course of the week, I've been bashing away on my viola, it's coming together nicely. I'll post pictures of that when the work I've done seems more obvious

All in all, a great week.

4 comments:

Jojo said...

You've been busy!
Where'd you get the huge green zucchini?

Cherylinn said...

That was great fun swimming the lake, I think we should do it every year.

Great job you and Froggie do getting those beets jared already....I'm impressed.

I can hardly wait to see Ken's guitar.

Jojo the zucchinis came from our garden.

SusanE said...

I like the picture of you and Jamie... you guys look very similar in it. I can see the family resemblence.

Pam, TJ, Nathan and Jordan said...

Mmmm pickles!!! My Mom makes some pickled stuff too as well as her famous pickles and they're awesome!! So enjoy :)

Congrats to you on the swim!