Tuesday, December 01, 2009

My Fiddle - Update


After all the hassle with the varnish and having received a new batch, I've finished varnishing my violin.

It's a little shiny and not as dark as I had envisioned it, but it's done. I'm letting it harden up for another couple of days before I put the bridge and all the other stuff back on. Once it's all together again, I'll post a pic.






Now I can start losing sleep over my viola. Honestly, it hasn't been nearly as stressful. I guess it's knowing what to expect.

After I posted the above pix, I thought of doing this. This is my violin that I've been playing while I've been making my new one. Surprising how similar the colour turned out.





4 comments:

Cherylinn said...

That look sensational.....They sure do look alike....GREAT JOB!

Lauras Garden said...

I just love wood grain. I am going to start a bench next week - just assemble and stain not from scratch. Beautiful job.

SusanE said...

wow. she's a beauty. Very good work Wendy. you must be thrilled.

Laurence Hunt said...

Changing the family name to Stradivarius?