Thursday, November 01, 2007

Add on to the last post


Susan asked me about the size of the violin I'm making, so here is a picture of it with the one I play right now.


On the left side is the back and on the right side is the front, which still needs more work.


If you look around the outside edge of the voilin, you see the black lines - they're wood fibre inlaid in the wood, called purfling. When I'm finished the countouring, I'll do that. It will go on the thick part around the outside edges of both the front and the back then the edges will get finished.

2 comments:

Cherylinn said...

It is so beautiful to see in real life. The picture doesn't do it justice. Wendy has done the most remarkable job on this.

SusanE said...

Wow, seeing it beside a violin helps to put it entirely in context. It looks like you're doing a great job.

I can't wait to see it for real.