Sunday, May 18, 2008

Catching Up

I've been catching up on everyone's blogs this morning. Since we got home from the RV Safety Course, we've been busy.

The course was great. We learned a bunch of stuff, confirmed that we already knew a bunch of stuff and were on the right track, and the highlight of the course, was the rodeo. Ken aced it, natch, I did pretty well too. The really cool part is that I got lots of practice backing up. Not straight, mostly at right angles. The reality is, I don't like backing the sucker up, but I can if I need to.

We were last in line for the second time around, so I backed into the one "site" that was on the right hand side beside a building about six times, just for the practice. Then I had to go down a narrow corridor and turn onto a narrow road. Next was back into a compound through a gate drive around the compound then back out the gate. Last was backing around a corner into a "site" on the right hand side beside a building.

We met some terrific friends, Yvan and Francine. They will be in Haliburton at the "School of The Arts this summer, so we'll be able to get together really again soon.

All in all it was a great time, the weather was perfect, Muggins and Merlin were both well behaved.


A great way to start the season.
*
*

2 comments:

SusanE said...

I'm very proud of you. Backing up one of those big suckers has got to be a little stressful.

Cherylinn said...

Job well done. I can relate to the stress of backing up a large trailer, I was always terrified when backing up the horses. Then it almost became a game.

I must at this time also tell you, when you say you're going caboosing for a few days, that's leaves us all to worry after 5 days and we hadn't heard from you guys. Next time, give specifics....