Friday, January 09, 2009

The Saga of the Missing Camera

My camera went missing after this years New Year's Eve party. The next day, after returning to the snowy north, I was unpacking my stuff , and it wasn't there. I remembered having put it in my cooler bag, but straining to remember past the effects of my outrageous three glasses of wine, I couldn't remember if I had taken it out again at the stroke of New Year's tequila-fest (in which I did not take part).
*
There were a ton of snowsuits, gloves, hats, scarves, boots, crazy carpets, purses and so on in the kitchen/entrance areas. I assumed that it had been gathered up in with a snowsuit, so I put out the call for searches of property. I began to wonder if it had been gathered up and then had fallen out in a driveway or something. Gryper and CG were ripping their homes apart, everyone was looking hither and yon.
*

Then it turned up. Yes, I found my camera. It was nn the first place I looked. I looked there several times more, then folded it up and put it away. Yesterday, I took it out to use it and, viola!
*
Here's the cooler bag, folded up just as it was when I found it. One picture with the camera in it and one without the camera.
*




Bewildering.


*A quick google search turned up these quotes.

And, of course, there are times when I've stopped looking only to find what I've been looking for - in the first place I looked... I hate that.

The point is when you want to find something, you should know where it lives. And here’s one more tip: If you can’t find something and start looking for it, remember the first place you looked. That’s where your instincts told you it was, so when you find whatever you’re looking for, put it in that place.

The Subject of Liberty By Nancy J. Hirschmann
Thanks also to my father for constantly reminding me of the absurdity of life, and that when you can't find something, it's always in the first place you looked, not the last.

I always tell people what my sister tells her kids: "If you
can't find something, look again in the first place you looked."

Seems everyone has had this experience. (Ask Gryper about his photographs, he should still be looking on the diningroom table.)

This is the only explanation: Poltergeists

A poltergeist (German for rumbling ghost) is widely believed to be an invisible ghost that interacts with others by moving and influencing inanimate objects.

1 comment:

Cherylinn said...

Yes that's is a poltergeist....