Monday, January 19, 2009

The Question Gets Answered

A few days ago, we were together with a group of friends. Someone posed the question, "Which birthday was your favourite?" Mr FG said his 40th. I know why, we planned a surprise party that worked out so well. All of his family was there, and all of mine.
~
I thought about it, and realized that none really stood out, they've all been great. That is except my 7th birthday. I really wanted a puppet. My grandmother had my grandfather hunting all over the place for a puppet for me. She couldn't do it as it was the last few weeks of her life and she was sick in bed. He found one and they gave it to me. It was a witch puppet with a green kerchief and a wart on her hooked nose. It was great. I couldn't wait to take it for "show and tell" at school the next day, but unfortunately, I woke up with the chicken pox and couldn't go to school.
~
I now have an answer to the question. This one.
Since we moved here, more than a two and a half hour drive from the rest of the family, we've just about always gone down to where the rest of the family is. It's most convenient, and it's what we figured we'd do when we chose to move up here. No big deal.
~
It never entered my head, that Gryper and the Missus, CG and the Mister, and NGU, the mister and the daughter would drive up for supper for my birthday. It had been snowing all day and the roads were not clear, so a long drive was even longer. What a surprise when we got to the restaurant and what I expected was the Mister and I would be having supper, and the "Fam" was waiting.
Hands down the best birthday!! To quote my daughter "My family rocks" and "All families should be as lucky as ours."


~

Becky, the very patient server has decided she want to be part of the family too.
~

4 comments:

SusanE said...

That must have been a thrill. How nice.

I like the puppet story.

Cherylinn said...

I remember that puppet.....When you live on a farm it's very difficult to ever get away. But if all goes well, sometime in the future we will be living closeer to you, so you will end up getting stuck seeing us more often.....

The house you sent us today....NO WAY!....We're watching the one on 48 still.

Anonymous said...

what restaurant was that?

Fiddling Granny said...

"The Peppermill" in Carnarvon. Great Prime Rib.