Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ask And You Shall Receive


Yesterday we were in the local pub. It was really busy and we were sitting in an area we've never sat before. After we got our drinks, we chatted and waited for our supper.

Suddenly, with bugged out eyes, I said intensely to the Mister, "Look at that!", pointing up on a shelf about 10 feet off the floor. Sitting way up there was a teapot. Not just any teapot, a beehive teapot. I have a friend who, because of her surname, collects bees. I knew that I must have this teapot to give her as a gift.

When out server came back, I asked her, "What do you think are the chances that I could buy that teapot?". She pointed to another employee, Karen, and crooked her finger, calling her over to our table. I asked Karen the same question.

She told me that she'd bought it in a store that was closing down, and that if I put a donation into the box to sponsor her breast cancer team, I could have the teapot.

I put my donation in the box, the server had the people at the table beneath the shelf move for her, and she climbed up on a chair and got it down. Then she took it and washed it before she handed it over to me. So, their team is richer, I have a lovely gift for my friend, and I definitely won't hesitate to ask when I'm in that sort of situation again.

What do you think? Will my friend be pleased?






1 comment:

Cherylinn said...

I'm sure your friend will love it and I'm so glad to hear for a donation she gave it to you.....It's very unique. Let us know how she likes it when you give it to her.