Thursday, October 29, 2009

And The Dog Becomes the Parent

Our habit is to watch the 11:00 news, and after the weather report, turn off the TV and head upstairs.

Last night, after all the hoodaw with the house selling, we both dozed off during the news. About 10 minutes after the weather report finishes, the dog suddenly barked. I awoke and looked at her, she was sitting in the middle of the living room, just looking back and forth at both of us. It was very clear we were being told it was bed-time.

I giggled at her for the next ten minutes. She's so bossy!

~~

7 comments:

Stephanie, Matt, Kaden and Ireland said...

CONGRATS on the sale of your house.. when do you move out?

Cherylinn said...

It's funny how dogs animals know what time it is....When be dog sit Kash and Sara, Kash always tells when it's 10:00 pm. He starts pacing and running in circles to get our attention.

SusanE said...

I love that... too funny!

Pam, TJ, Nathan and Jordan said...

Lol...animals do have their routines too.

Lauras Garden said...

"hoodaw with the house selling"? I need a blog about that. Am I the only one who didn't know? It has been so long since you mentioned listing your house I thought you weren't selling any more.

Fiddling Granny said...

It took a while ... the early spring is better for selling in this area.

I found the home inspection really stressful ... it feels like somebody is looking up your skirt. All the conditions have been waived now and the end of January is going to be busy.

Jojo said...

I didn't know either. What's with that!