Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Why Widget's Wisdom?

As I drove home from town today, (it takes forty five minutes so there's lots of thinking time) I thought, there are more of my pearls of wisdom that I refer to in my profile, than there are posts about fiddling.

I pondered the possibilites for a name for this treasure of a blog. I like alliteration as you can see by the title of this post, and I've only really ever had a couple of nicknames, one I had for much longer than the other. One at police college, and this one, given to me by a co-worker. He called me "Widget". I kind of liked the sound of it. Anyway, when people asked him what widget means, he used to reply "It's a small useless thing." It was endearing.

Hence Widget's Wisdom was born. My blog will still be filled with the same sparkling wit as always, just the name has changed.

Before I go, I'll point out that there's an additiona verse posted to the Ongoing Ode to Cheryl.

1 comment:

Cherylinn said...

Hey Wiget

The Ode to Cheryl....at the rate I've been going, this will keep you on your toes for a long time. I'm almost healed yet again. I whall post my version of the past few days on my blog.....