Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Devon's Blog

Great blog Devon. You always were a social bug, what a list of people! I didn't realize till I read your blog, how long-winded you are!

I do have to set the record straight though. Let me tell the "story" of the camping a little more accurately. First of all, all morning long Cam, Devon and Jen are at the beach, at the tent, at the beach, at the tent. Fianlly, we stayed at the campsite for a while to have lunch then they headed back to the beach before I did. The three of them were in the water as I approached, hollering, "Hey Ma, c'mon in, it's great!" People are all staring to see who is the target of their yelling. As I'm crossing the beach, I whip my t-shirt over my head and when it's up around my elbows, realize that I had taken off the top of my bathing suit at the tent. I pulled my shirt back down and beat it into the water accompanied by stares, gasps and laughter. I thougth the three of them would drown laughing.

After I got in the water it occurs to me that I'm wearing a white t-shirt with nothing under it, so I sent Devon back to the tent to get my bathing suit top, which she reluctantly did. As she came back on to the beach again, she waved my top over her head hollering "I've got your bathing suit Ma!" much to the entertainment of everyone. Once again, stares and laughter.

That's what life is like with Devon. Doing anything with her is an adventure. I won't go into the night I worked at the bar with her and the some of the comments she made.

There is no question in my mind that I'm as proud as hell of you Devon and I'd pick you for a friend in a heartbeat.

Love, Mum


No comments: