Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Granny Takes The Leap .....

Nope ... not the new blogger leap, I already did that. I'm back on the nutritional warfare topic now.

Today I made shortbreads. Lighter than air, buttery shortbreads. I made them with spelt flour and fructose (no wheat, no sugar), but the butter is everything, just couldn't do the "margarine" thing. I haven't made the Yuletide batch in a few years since, only half of the dough usually made it into the oven. Showing great restraint, I only nibbled at the dough a little.


However, once they were done, they were fair game. They are as light and buttery as always and you can't tell they weren't made with wheat. As you can see, a mouse got at the one on the counter. I better gobble them all up before the mouse comes back.

Perhaps in the spirit of Christmas giving, I'll see if I can save a couple for the "fam" to taste ... yeah, right!

2 comments:

.:topher:. said...

Can I just place my Boxing day order now?

.: topher :.

SusanE said...

I want you to start a recipe book.

Susan sends a hug back to you.