Thursday, December 07, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas


I looked out the window this morning and I was sure the lake was frozen. It's early for "ice in" day, usually it's between Dec 12th & Dec 18th. I walked outside to take a picture, but there are still some open patches, so I guess it's not official yet.

You may look at this picture and say, nice thin layer of snow, but check the tub of sand in the lower right side of the picture, there's about eight or nine inches now. Before we go anywhere Ken will have to pull out the snow-blower for the second time this week.

It's all quite exciting when you're a cockapoo ... Muggins ran out the door, leaping over snowdrifts and barking joyfully at nothing, first thing this morning. Too bad Mushing Mum is in Arizona, or she'd have acted like Muggins. They had the dogs and sleds out here on Monday Susan ... when do you get back to the great white north?

1 comment:

SusanE said...

Dec 21st.... The ice is usually in by mid-November on Middle Lake, although the other areas aren't thick enough for snow machine traffic until Christmas week. I can't get out on the lakes until then and my network of trails is rather small because we have so many lakes.

I console myself with the thought that I can't really get any serious sledding in until Dec 20th anyway.