Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Apron Discussion

My teapot post prompted another discussion about aprons. Both AngelLaura and Cyclin' Granny have posted about theirs. AngelLaura has made quite a few really nice simple ones. If it didn't mean dragging the sewing machine down off that high shelf in the basement and trying to remember how to use it, then re-remembering all my curse words that go with sewing, I'd make one.

However, Cyclin' Granny has kindly volunteered to make me one as long as I promise to wear it. I've committed, so I guess now she's on the hook. Speaking of on the hook, I do have some apron's to add to the discussion.


The one on the right hook is a little June Cleaver number, that belonged to my mother-in -law. I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing she made it. The one on the left was made by my friend and Muggins' Dog-mother (sort of like a god-mother for dogs ... if I peg out the Dog-mother gets to raise Muggins). It's a Red Hat theme.







This one is the kind I remember from when we were kids. The tea towel wrapped around the neck and secured with either a knot or a diaper pin.












Thus endeth my apron collection - until Cyclin' Granny warms up the sewing machine.
.
.
Words on the cartoon on the Red Hat Apron

"What the hell are we supposed to be doing with all this stuff?"
"I don't know dear, I haven't a clue."
.
.

3 comments:

Lauras Garden said...

Nice! Especially the tea towel and pin one. I think that is really more of a bib than an apron though. I guess they both keep your clothes free from food spills so who is worried about semantics.

SusanE said...

I promise to post my two aprons as soon as I get them photographed. I did pull one out today. Maybe I'll grab the other one and get them done without further delay.

Cherylinn said...

I do have one apron here and one at the cottage. If I must I will borrow the pic FG took of me wearing my cottage one. I should have known not to model it for her, I forgot she always carries her camera. The one at the house I shall take a photo of later. Guess I better get FG's done soon.....after I got the fire going then I decided it was going to work on my sweater for awhile.