Wednesday, July 09, 2008

First Batch of the Year

What a pleasant way to spend part of an afternoon. The sun is shining, it's 25ºC outside. There's a breeze blowing off the lake, rustling the leaves on the trees and into the front windows and out the kitchen windows.

I puttered in the kitchen making my first batch of jam of the year, Strawberry Rhubarb. Had a nice chat on the phone with the Lexiphage while I was stirring.






I ended up with six and a half jars of jam (make that five and half, Lexiphage claimed one) a clean kitchen and lots of time to play my fiddle this aft.

Note: The french horn experiment is moving along nicely. I've learned the fingering for eleven notes and can play Mary Had A Little Lamb and Go Tell Aunt Rhody (really badly!).

3 comments:

SusanE said...

Tell me why every beginner music book for every instrument has the song "Go Tell Aunt Rhody" in it.

Cherylinn said...

Susane, Go Tell Aunt Rhody is the best song ever....

FG, we're at the cottage on Saturday will a jar of jam appear?
lol

PRINCE CHARMING said...

You are one talented beautiful lady. :) I am so tone def or impatient to learn any instrument lol. And if that jam appears why dont we have some of that relish on some burgers