Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mantr*acker




One of my favourite shows on TV right now is a Canadian production on OLN, called Mantr*cker. You can find the web-site at mantr*cker.ca (for now, replace the asterisk with an a), you'll understand why after I've finished this post.




I don't want anyone, like Mantr*cker himself, googling and reading this. My nephew Prince Charming, has applied to be on the show and I have thought of the perfect strategy. So PC if you're reading this, pay attention.


I was driving to my summer violin/fiddling course and fantasizing about being on the show (LOL, yeah, right, with my fitness level and outdoor experience level). Anyway, here's what I'm thinking. There's the obvious double back strategy, and the wear footwear with no tread (like wetsuit boots with about four layers of sole to protect your feet) strategy. I'm thinking more high tech and sophisticated.


I think you and your partner in crime should adjust your circadian rhythms for the two weeks prior to the filming. Sleep during the day and be up all night. Rent or get your hands on a couple of pairs of night vision goggles. The night before you sleep for about four hours, so you've no need to sleep for a while. Start the race with the usual strategies, but then, find yourself one of those dense little thicket type areas, or maybe a cliff with an overhang where the horses can't go. Bed down for the day.

While he's going nuts looking for where you have headed, you're dreaming of winning the big prize - glory. Just when the horses are thinking about munching a bale of hay and snoozing by the hitching post, you rise and shine.


It's perfect. The biggest assumptions are that you'll be on the move all day and sleep all night.
There ya have it PC. There's the plan, now it's up to you to just as we say in Canada, "give 'er".



3 comments:

Cherylinn said...

Funny I thought the same thing to be on the move at night. I never thought about the scuba diving shoes, but I already told him to take different pairs of shoes. Dad said to strap cedar branches to his feet as well.
I don't think he's sent in his video to MT yet. He would also have to learn to be quiet....Can an Evenden do that?

Cherylinn said...

It's one of our favourite shows as well and I'd LOVE to do it.

PRINCE CHARMING said...

That is a wicked idea if i get lucky enough to get on i think id do that