Saturday, July 05, 2008

Fun And A Half!


We went to visit Cyclin' Granny and the Mr at their cottage today. We got there shortly before Prince Charming, Lisa and Mikki arrived. We yakked for a bit, then CG and I went out in the kayaks while. PC, Lisa and Nikki went out in the rowboat fishing. CG and I paddled around and figured out how things work, then took a little break.



Then CG decides to try, with a little encouragement from me, to try getting back into the kayak out in deep water. I told her it was a good idea in case she ever fell in and there was no skirt on the kayak. She had intended to try eskimo rolls, but felt she may need more time to work up to it. Instead she bruised and battered herself for over half an hour. I too was injured, my abdomen was absolutely cramping from laughing at, oops, I mean with her. Exhausted, we went in for burgers.




So the two Misters took the kayaks out after lunch, no laughing and choking, a dignified tour around the bay.




While they were away, CG, PC and I took the rowboat out into the lake and did some emergency preparedness training. We tipped 'er. Then we righted 'er and tipped 'er again, laughing, snorting, guffawing, hooting and hollering. The three of us had a blast. Then Mikki decided she'd like to join us in the deep water, so she came in for a while, then played in the poor waterlogged row boat. Turns out we were out there for almost two hours.

The Misters had taken the oars in with them, so we ended up pushing the boat all the way back, it seemed weirdly heavy. Turns out the innards were full of water, good thing she has a drain.

We all headed out separate ways. By the time I got home I had a serious case of jelly legs.

All in all an awesome time!

*

4 comments:

Lauras Garden said...

You better not make these cottage days sound like so much fun or my Mr will show up with his fleet of canoes and kayaks to play as well! I got your address off that lovely condolence card so you can't hide now.

Cherylinn said...

What a time it was....The real truth behind this story is in my blog. It will be very interesting to hear what PC and Lisa have to say in theirs.

SusanE said...

It sounds like a real laugh.

The guys make kayaking the lake sound so boring.... how could they not kill themselves laughing?

Cherylinn said...

John and I are going out together this Saturday, so maybe I will just have to dunk him...
He takes his kayaking very seriously. (as do I)