Tuesday, April 06, 2010

It's Been a While

It's been quite a while since I blogged, a month as a matter of fact. We've been busy settling in to the new digs and trying to keep up with all of our usual activities. We're still not finished unpacking, but I've finally been able to do a little work on my viola this week anyway.

A couple of weeks ago we had a talent show at our local "club". This is The Mister & me, performing some tunes.

I decided to get some people together to add to the fun. We Played "This Land Is Your Land" with combs and wax paper. Our band was called "Comb Motion". Although we didn't win the "Idol" title, the one who did asked us to accompany him while he played his final tune. (Notice Gryper, second from the right.)


Gavin, Grandson III, turned 8 years old and we went out for supper. Gavin went and sat at the bar for a few minutes. Here is the birthday boy with his dad.


Later, Larry, went over to have a little "guy talk" with him. I don't know what they were chuckling about here.




Last week, we had a birthday lunch for a Red Hat friend. She's got a cottage on the lake for the summers and an apartment in town for the winters. She has a car and still drives. She does a lot of volunteer work and raises a bunch of money for the hospital auxiliary. It was her 95th birthday.



April 15th is the annual music festival and I'm performing again. I'm doing one fiddle set, with The Mister accompanying. I'm playing two pieces with the string ensemble (violin) and two pieces with the concert band (flute). Just working on those is keeping me out of trouble.

~~~~~~~~~~~~


3 comments:

SusanE said...

Sounds like you have been busy, even if you haven't been blogging.

I can't believe that Gavin is 8.

Cherylinn said...

Ok so we accept your excuse for not blogging....but that's the last one...We expect more regular updates..Does Gavin every look like Cameron.

Laura said...

I'm with Cheryl. NO more excuses. A whole month is inexcusable. A few weeks is all we will give you. I hope I am still that active at 95.