Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Kids Are Here


The big weekend is in progress. The kids are here.

After they got here and settled in, we went for a walk in the forest. It seemed to be mildly entertaining despite the drizzle.

After we got back Gavin wanted a video in, so we put it on. Mya watched the video, investigated the house and stole Muggins' toys. Much to Muggins' disappointment, Mya didn't get that she was expected to throw them.

I was worried about them communicating, but both of them have used the pecs book (don't know what that stands for).

Gavin picked out the hamburger picture, attached it to the card, along with the "I want" picture.

I was so pleased that it all worked. Mya picked out her choice for a movie from the book and handed it to me.

We had supper and now they're busy doing their own things.



Gavin watching a video.





















Mya singing to her reflection in the door of the oven.








And now, happily it's 7:00 ... bedtime approaches.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Mya has very long hair! I love the shot of her in front of the oven. The reflection is perfect. Have a great time with them.

SusanE said...

Gavin is Cameron in duplicate.

What's so unusual about singing to your reflection. I do it all the time.

SusanE said...

Gavin is Cameron in duplicate.

What's so unusual about singing to your reflection. I do it all the time.